When I first started doing article marketing as part of my Internet marketing
efforts I made the typical newbie mistakes. I spent way too much time and effort creating what I thought had to be masterpieces.
I had previously discussed the huge benefits of article marketing, like backlinks and targeted traffic in Article Marketing 101 and the Huge Internet Marketing Benefits and I wrote a detailed guide to article content and clickable titles in Are You Writing Garbage? Here are some more tips for effective article writing.
4 Tips for Writing Effective Articles for the Internet
1. 350 – 600 words is best. Remember that you want your reader to get to the resource box where your link is and you don’t want to risk them splitting on you because the article is too long.
2. This is Not Shakespeare - You do not have to write detailed, sophisticated, epic tales for the Internet. Remember that your target audience are Internet surfers and by definition they are looking for instant gratification and quick information. It is a fact that 80% of Internet article readers don’t read every word but actually scan the article to get main ideas.
Tips to Make Article Content Scannable:
- Write short paragraphs
- Discuss only one idea per paragraph
- Use subheadings to divide article into sections so that things do not run together and get jumbled.
- Use bullets or separate any lists within the paragraph, do not run them all together.
3. Keep It Simple - Write in simple English, that is easy to understand, do not risk anhialating readers with fancy words.
4. If you get an inspiration DO NOT let it get away. Many times when I least expect it I suddenly get an idea for an article and if I don’t jump on it right then and there it can easily get away. So if you get inspired either do a quick outline or if possible write out the article right then and there. Those inspiration articles are some of the best and easiest I have ever written.
Remember, that simple and direct makes better articles and the more likely that other webmasters will republish them on their sites with your links, good for SEO!
I also eliminated a lot of stress by signing up with Article Marketer, they submit for me to over 5,000 sites versus me doing manul submission, which is a total PAIN!!
The most important thing I learned in my article marketing journey is not to stress them. Outline some good info, make them easy to read and submit. BAM! These days, if I stress anything it is my website content and not the articles.
Better Article Submission
Make sure to check out Unique Article Wizard, the all time best article marketing submission service, that eliminates manual submission and creates unique version of your article for better rankings and stronger backlinks!
What do you guys think? What are your article writing tips? Do you stress article writing?